Ingredients (6 smaller muffins; for 7 muffins, use the measurements in [.]):
- dry ingredients:
- 125 g [145 g] all purpose wheat flour (or mix it with wholemeal),
- 50 g [58 g] granulated sugar,
- 12 g [12 g] vanilla-scented sugar,
- 1 tsp baking powder or 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar,
- a pinch of salt
- liquid ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 42 g [50 g] melted butter,
- 100 ml [116 ml] whole milk (or substitute some amount of the milk with yoghurt or buttermilk),
- additional ingredients:
- cocoa powder,
- roughly cut dark chocolate/chocolate chips,
- candied ginger,
- vanilla extract,
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk the egg.
- Mix the egg with the butter and milk.
- Mix the dry and liquid ingredients. The batter should be a little lumpy. Do not overmix!
- Add additional ingredients (dry powder-like ones can be added in the first step).
- Put paper cups into muffin molds (I use silicon) and pour the batter inside (it should not be full).
- Bake in the oven on ~180 degress Celsius for ~20 minutes (I use Remoska for 28 minutes).
Source: http://www.muffinarium.cz (czech)
- add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract,
- add 1/2 tsp durian extract,
- add a handful of hazelnuts,
- add a handful of almonds,
- add a handful of pecan nuts and substitute the sugar with ? g of maple syrup,
- add 1/2 tsp of anise,
- add 140 ml of espresso and subsitute the milk with 3 tbsp of dried milk,
- add 3 tbsp ground coconut and 4 tbsp of ground poppy seeds,
- add 1 tsp banana extract and 1 bigger chunk of milk chocolate,
- substitute butter for sesame oil and add 1 tbsp of sesame seeds and 1/2 tsp anise; futher, spinkle sesame seeds on top